Posted by Kelhoon, 2012-05-06 23:44 BST
A rather unstructured reply:
* Fak, the chatroom chatter topics have rarely been limited to chatter about juggling, it really is just jugglers hanging out and talking about whatever topic someone gets going
* Fak, in the IJDb room, I used to make a point of welcoming anyone who "was born kicking and screaming" for pretty much the reasons you mentioned
* LP, if it is easy to knock up a host, could that host not serve XMPP and/or IRC and/or gateways ? with OpenID/OpenAuth auth ?
* Tobias, the current XMPP room on conference.jabber.org is pretty flakey, but I think that is more a server issue than an XMPP issue as that server is fairly hammered, hence the above question to LP
* Making it accessible from multiple clients is definitely the way to go.
* LP, I'm happy to give tech/scripting help where I can
* Tobias/Fak, I have already suggested the bot could spout random topics, that could be limited to only if nothing has been said for a certain time and it could keep quiet otherwise, it could also throw out random links to videos on juggling.tv
* ok, shutting up now